I am writing this to try and answer what many of you are asking about how holidays will work whilst your business is closed.
This blog attempts to answer what you can do if the majority of staff are furloughed under the Job Retention Scheme as you have no work for them to do.
Late Friday afternoon, we had confirmation in the form of an update to the employee’s guidance as to how the CJRS worked that holiday can be taken whilst on furlough.
Therefore, as of 22 April, we feel you have these choices:
- Insist staff take their holiday during the furlough that they have booked with you already.
- Allow staff to request holiday whilst furloughed.
- Give notice to staff to take holiday during furlough.
- Allow staff to cancel holiday booked (if you wish, but you don’t have to).
- Cancel staff holiday if you wish, again following the rules.
- Recognise that holidays aren’t being taken in normal times and allow holidays to be taken when you are out of furlough.
- Carry over holiday as per the new regulations
Employees should receive normal pay when on holiday, thats normal pay if they were not on furlough so you will need to top up.
Here’s ACAS guidance updated on 20th April
If we can be of any assistance, please do give us a call. T: 01527 909436.